Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 21-Wakeboard Cable Park in Bangkok Day 2

After going to Club Taco the cable wakeboarding park outside of Bangkok yesterday, I was frustrated and wanted to go again. Even though the night before turned out to be a party hardy night in Bangkok, York and I decided to make it a mission to hit the cable again.

The night before his friend he had studied with Lars(a Swedish boy he met studying in Singapore) had his 2 brothers with him and it was going to be his last night in Bangkok before heading on to Thailand with his family for the holidays. York and I went to our favorite mojito street bar spot on Khaosan road, where the drinks are strong and the reggae is playing along side the famous Mr.Thailand (a man that wears wild outfits and walks around with huge gold chains dancing to reggae and promoting bars). We met up with the wild Swedish boys and ate some fried scorpions on the street before continuing the party with more mojitos until the wee hours of the night.

So, to summarize we had a late night but had to wake up early enough to get to the cable park. York and I went to use the computers and then I looked up flights on the internet and found a cheap round trip flight to Singapore from Bangkok, so I decided that from the 26th-3rd of January I am going to head with York to Singapore to ring in the new year and check out the country. Booking the flight took some time and we also had to book a bus ride from Bangkok to Siam Reap for the following day (it cost 450 baht plus cost of visa), so we didn't make it to the cable park till late again.

After getting a taxi for 350 baht to Club Taco, we arrived at 4pm just in time to get in 2 hours of boarding. York nailed at least 3 back flips, but my success rate was not as high. The cable runs counter clockwise so everyone who rides switch can do it pretty easily, but I kept falling when I was carving on toeside and trying to do a left turn around the bend. I finally got in one nice turn and made it only to fall on the next one and have to spend my time swimming back to the dock!

The day was good fun, but we were exhausted! We ended it by taking a bus back to Bangkok(hours of misery), and eating a quick bite before preparing for our journey to Cambodia the following morning ..... 7 am departure.... AAAAAHHHHGGG!

No comments:

Post a Comment