Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 20-Cable Wake Park outside Bangkok

Sunday, December 20th and the 20th day of my trip. I can't believe I have been on this trip for almost 3 weeks. The night before I left, I didn't want to go. I was crying all the way to the airport, and today as I awoke in my hotel room at the Sawasdee Bangkok Inn down an alley in the infamous Khaosan Road, that all backpackers have traveled, I don't want it to end.

Today, York and I decided that we were going to go to the cable park to wake board on the cable just outside of Bangkok. It is called Club Taco and supposedly was going to be fairly easy to find. So, we ate our complimentary breakfast at the hotel and then chilled out for a little while before going.

We got the directions from a travel center in Bangkok the day before and so we were told to wait for a bus that would take about an hour and take us to the airport, from which we were supposed to get a taxi and then find the park. In actuality, this was much easier said than done and it took us hours to finally find Club Taco because the signs were really small, and none of the taxi drivers could read the English directions and no one was answering the phone.

When we finally got to Club Taco, tons of people were cruising around the Cable Park and doing jumps off the obstacles, which looked super intimidating to me because I had never ridden in a cable park. York was super excited and I could tell he was pumped to be there. He took off first and did great around the cable. Within the first few minutes, he was doing a backflip off the ramp and landed it no problem.

When it was my turn to go, I waited for the cable to pull me up and I got up fine, but the feeling was alot different than starting on the boat. I went about halfway down the first straight away and crashed hard in the water. A few more trys and I was starting to get the hang of it, but at the corners I bit it hard and face planted because I wasn't used to the way the rope pulls and most people were riding goofy and I had difficulty feeling th edge and knowing how hard to push it.

York was seriously amazing on the cable and made me super jealous! 360s, jumps, and an awesome backflip with only a few minor falls. It made me really frustrated, but I want to ride again there and get the hang of it. I love wakeboarding, and it is alot different on the boat, but I will definitely try to get the hang of it on the cable.

We got a ride back into Bangkok with a nice couple that lived there and then headed back to the area around our hotel for dinner. We had a dinner in the street, which was cheap and good. He had some sort of seafood pancake and I had a mix of spicy chicken, veggies, and rice with some cheap Thai beer.

We were both exhausted but I forced myself to go and get another mani and pedi while York shopped. I met a really nice girl there that was getting a mani and pedi too and we chatted while York came back and brought beer and showed off some of his shopping purchases.

Now, I am here at the internet cafe doing my best to update this blog, but I have to admit it is getting hard. The days are flying by and I am having a tough time keeping track of the details. I am loving this trip and tomorrow will be my 21st day traveling..... Another day to master the cable park! To Taco Park we will go!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tegan.....do you like tacos? haha I love the name of this cable park and I know Taehyun would as well. Jealous and wish I was there with you!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete