Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 39- Koh Tao All good things come to an end...

I looked at my clock and realized that it was 1030 and I obviously was not going to be diving today. I had wanted to an advanced open water courseat 630 in the morning, but there was no way I could wake up in time with no alarm clock and I partied way too much the night before.

And I had good luck for the whole trip but the night before left me frustrated and annoyed. I am the queen of losing electronics, and although I tried my best to keep track of things my water proof camera went missing last night. Yes, this is probably the 30th camera I have lost in my life time, so it isn't much surprize but last night I was celebrating finishing my PADI and the underwater camera most likely was stolen when I went to the bathroom. There was a 5 minute interval it was left unseen and in that time it was gone. I looked everywhere, and asked everyone. So on this morning, I was feeling really bummed and didn't want to wake up.

But, I finally got out of bed around 1130 and went to an internet cafe on the other side of the island to take care of some things I had been putting off. I had to still buy a ticket from California to Seattle, call my mom, call my bff Jenni and figure out things for the upcoming travels.

I also had been eaten alive by bed bugs the night before and had no idea how to take care of it. I bought some anti itch medicine and cream and have been slathering it all over my body, but I still feel like when I was 6 and had chicken pocks. No matter how much I try to think of other things I can't stop itching.

Exhausted from my nearly 6 week go go go travels, I finally let myself rest for an entire afternoon. I didn't even want to go to the beach because seeing it just made me sad to know I will have to leave it soon. I am not ready to adjust to a life that doesn't require mojito buckets. I don't want to wear closed toed shoes. I am not ready to be in a place that is colder than 20 degrees. I am just not ready for real life but at the same time I am ready to go somewhere else.

I layed down and slept the afternoon away and didn't awaken till the evening. I walked down to the main beach to watch a last fire show, eat my last green curry and rice meal and get my last cocktail (shark attack). I looked out at the crashing waves and ate alone while 2 cats sat at my feet purring at the beach front restaurant.

I don't know what I want right now, but I do know that 40 days prior I felt alot different. I felt scared to not know what is ahead. I didn't know what it would be like traveling alone. I just wanted to stay in Korea.

I am excted to go back to Korea. I really want to get organized and be productive and see all my old students. I want to see Young Bum and my friends from Kids College and korean friends. I just feel like I have gone through alot and learned so much and going back I don't know how I will adjust. I will not be able to wear my pink binkini top and shorts as an outfit. I won't be able to drink beer for breakfast. Well, tomorrow I start the journey back, so I better get ready.

I leave Koh Tao at 1015 and head to Bangkok with flight to Seoul at 1100 pm. So I will walk through the beautiful streets of Koh Tao one last time and think of all the great fun I have had.
Goodbye vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment