Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Day 36- Koh Tao Diving Day 1





Cock a doodle doo! Cock a doodle doo!
Shut up you freaking roosters! Five more minutes! I thought as I heard the crows of the obnoxious birds. I hadn't brought an alarm clock but fortunately, the roosters behind my bungalow woke me up in time for the 9 am dive class.
I went to class and listened to the boring video and filled out my worksheet. Jesus! I thought this was supposed to be fun, but I hate all of this crap! I know we have to learn how to do everything, but it is hard when I know there is a beautiful beach with crystal blue sea minutes away from me as I sat in the cold over air conditioned classroom listening to the BS PADI video.

Finally, at 1130 we had a lunch break till 1230! I didn't even say a word to my other classmates, I just ran out the door and went to the beach. I had to!

"May I have a Blue Lagoon?" I said to the waiter at the beach front restaurant.




I waited in the sand with waves hitting my toes in my bikini. I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! He brought me my drink, and I felt like a bad student as I secretly got drunk on my lunch break. But I was in paradise and felt it 100% necessary!
When I returned to class, we were actually headed to the pool for real practice! We got to suit up and go under the water practicing different drills. It was fun, but the whole deal took the entire day even thought the cool Israeli instructor did his best to speed up the process.


"Miss America, you owe me 5 beers," said my scuba instructor because I had not properly drained the water from my flotation device called a BCD.
So after the class, we headed to the bar and that is where the trouble began. I started having drinks with a nice englishman, and the instructor. Jen joined us and soon we were having more than we had planned!
The night ended in a blur or Koh Tao clubs, with Mark and I dancing the night away..... Not a smart move when you have to dive the next morning in open water!

No comments:

Post a Comment