Thursday, January 7, 2010

Day 38- Koh Tao-I AM A SCUBA DIVER!

I don't know how I managed but my natural body clock was able to wake me up at 6:45, right in time for day4 of my 4 day diver certification course (http://www.padi.com/ or http://www.crystaldive.com/ . I was a bit nervous for today, because I had felt a little scared yesterday when my ear was hurting, but also I was so pumped to get to see the cool sea life.
I grabbed a whole wheat baguette and coffee from Crystal's restaurant and sat down on the beach side bean bags to wait for my instructions. It was early, but everyone seemed really excited for the dives. We checked our dive bags and made sure we had all of our supplies and then got on the boat.
We went to a new location called White Rock and jumped into the water by 8:21 am. The warm water felt nice and woke me up. As we descended into the bright blue water, I was shocked at how many new fish and things we could see. The visibility was much better than the day before and I was surrounded by even more creatures than before. We were swimming and hovering over the coral and looking at all the cool fish. This time we got to see angel fish, trigger fish and even a blue spotted stingray.
The second dive we went to a place called Twins. This dive was pretty awesome too because when we got in the water we were surrounded by all of these cool fish called Fushialee or something like that but they are silver/white with a yellow stripe on their backs. We kept swimming around and saw another sting ray hiding under a rock and then towards the end of the dive we saw a really cool fish called an Emperor Fish that was huge!
We got back to Crystal by 12 and all went to lunch and filled out the rest of the paper work. Everyone was tired, but our teacher Liran was exhausted from watching all of us and he even had to go back and teach another student who missed the morning dive because he overslept.
Tonight at 7pm our group is all meeting at the Irish Pub to watch our dive video and enjoy passing our PADI. I can't wait to see it, and I feel like this has been one of the best experiences of my life.
My trip is only 2 more days but really only 1 because the last one will be spent entirely traveling. Even thought I definitely went over budget, I have had the best time of my life and wouldn't change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment