Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 34- Club Taco Cable Park Success, Heading to Koh Tao

No sleep, and getting to the point of crazinous, I managed to pull an all nighter in my true "backpacker" style (if you notice I actually have been wearing 2 backpacker bracelets now, despite my prior hatred of them) and stayed up all night at the Changi Singapore Airport. I saved money on accomadation and also got to use the free internet, althought the kiosk made me re log in every 15 minutes.

I got onto the plane to go to Bangkok, and was instantly annoyed by the obnoxious girls who sat next to me. Young high schoolers from Singapore on some sort of religious mission heading to another country. Non stop valley girl voices gossiping about everything and everyone. I guess it must be called a taste of my own medicine because I am sure I have pissed off many doing the exact same thing.

Anyway, I don't even remember take off because I had already fallen asleep. But I do have a special talent and can wake up for food at any time. As soon as the ringing of the food cart down the isle occured I instantly was awake and ready with my tray top down for the food. Although, it wasn't great, (omelet, potatoes, and fruit) it was free and so I consumed it in record time and was back asleep until I awoke again to an angry flight attendent yelling at me to put my seat up from the recline position because we were almost landing.

Once I got to the airport, I felt like a disaster. No sleep and the food was making my stomach sick. Despite that, I decided to still spend the day going to Club Taco Wakeboard Cable park again. I had to figure out that damn cable because I didn't know the next time I would have time to do it.

So, I jumped in a taxi and instructed the driver to take me to the spot. He still had to call the location and get directions, but managed to find Club Taco by 10 am. I bought the 4 hour pass and rented a board for the day which all cost only 700 baht (maybe about $25).

The water was glassy and smooth, and hardly anyone was there! PERFECT! I was a bit nervous to tackle this beast again, but I knew I had to do it. I thought about everything York had told me and got on the board. It felt just like I remembered, and I got the first corner no problem, then the second, then the third, and I made it around the last and then it spun my fast and I face planted. Although I face planted into the water, it actually felt more like a victorious pat on the back because I was so happy that I made it that far.

After that, I kept trying. It was a piece of cake! I was completely tearing it up and loving every moment. I wished that I had somewhere there to coach me over the obstacles because I really wanted to try to do them, but I didn't want to get to cocky and end up breaking my neck before I go on my scuba trip that I have already payed for.

I boarded for the whole afternoon and enjoyed the Singha Thai beer and snacks while I suntanned during my breaks. I got quite the tan while I chatted with the other Thai boarders who were hanging out and relaxing too.

Around 2, tons of tourists starting pouring in! Lots of beginners and people who were annoying loud. Fortunately a nice Thai girl named Pat came over to me and started talking to me and said she could drive me back close to Khaosan road where I have to go to get my bus to Koh Tao. So I hopped in her friends car and they drove me, which was super nice of them.

Now, I am waiting in a PC room about to go to dinner before I have to get on my 8pm bus that will drive me down to where I need to board a boat for Koh Tao. The whole journey should be aobut 12 hours! Well, last night I slept on a plane and tonight will be in a bus!
I am soooo backpacker huh? hahahahhahah

No comments:

Post a Comment