Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 6- Deserted Island for Life


I can't believe I have been living here with no internet, phone, or TV for 3 days. I am becoming accustomed to waiting for the ring of the bell to signal time to me. I have found life here to be quite simple but I don't know if I enjoy the simplicity or not. I am ready to check my email as I am sure I probably makeing my mom, boyfriend and friends worry because I have not contacted anyone in over 5 days now.

I woke up early today and had a sad goodbye to the chipper, life of the party Helen who had to leave to get back to Hanoi. Robyn had met Helen along the way and she had been quite an upbeat and entertaining girl to travel with. Helen left the island because she was on a time crunch and wanted to get some time in to do trekking up in the hills of Vietnam in an area called Sapa.

The new boat of people arrived and new fun faces filled the island. I sat on the beach and chatted with a girl named Kar-men from Singapore and then went to our bungalow and napped with Robyn. We munched on the island snack of Pringles and Oreos and dozed in and out of sleep as all the new tourists were running around participating in the water sports and playing volleyball and ping-pong.

Although we were tired Robyn and I rallied our energy and spent the last night playing drinking games and joining in on the island traditions. The game of Kings turned out to be quite interesting when Robyn had to give a lap dance to a random stranger. She was extremely opposed to the idea but when 20 other people are following the rules of the game it was hard for her to get out of it. Limbo and the One Foot Stand Off were new additions to the games of the evening and I actually even won the One Foot Stand Off and recieved a free Red Bull and Vodka as my prize. We ended up drinking too much per usual and fell asleep to the crashing waves and the sounds of rainfall in our last night in our beach bungalow.

No comments:

Post a Comment