Sunday, December 6, 2009

Day 5- Saturday Living on the Deserted Island

This was a beautiful, unbeatable day to wake up at Halong Bay. Everyone else in our tour group had decided to go back to Hanoi and end the tour but Helen, Robyn, and I didn't want to leave. We paid $20 and stayed on the island for an extra day.

It was the perfect day to tan and relax on the beach! I took a long nap, and Helen went tubing while Robyn relaxed for the afternoon. At about 5, Robyn woke me up and we went out wakeboarding with Mark, Henry and the new tour guide that had arrived that day named Stu. The boys that work on the island were all very funny because they had never even wakeboarded until they had started this job. They were actually pretty good but everything they could do was self taught.

We ate dinner after we got back to our island with the new group of tourists and at this point we were starting to feel like we worked there. I was extremely tired and decided that I needed another nap.... I awoke to the sounds of laughter and music coming from the dinner area. It was another night of drinking games. The job the boys do is to entertain the guests so everynight is a repeat of the day before. Same games, new faces playing. I had started to learn the way they play there on the island- Ring of Fire aka Kings, Pyramid, Long Bus... and maybe some variation of those.

The off to bed I went about 11:30, so I wouldn't be completely worthless again!

No comments:

Post a Comment