Monday, January 18, 2010

Day 48- San Diego

Waking up in the soft bed at Jenni's house at 5:40 am, I was starving from not eating dinner and falling asleep early. Molly was lying next to me and was also awake, so we checked our email and then I went to the fridge and grabbed my enchilada that I had bought at Ivy the for lunch the day before. I ate the enchilada and fell back asleep and waited for the rest of the girls to awake."Jenni can we eat this hummus?"I asked as I was rummaging through her well stocked fridge.
Jenni, Maureen and I sat at the table and shoved our faces with chips and hummus as Jenni chatted with us and Molly showered. We were trying to figure out a plan for the day, since the following day Maureen, Trisha and Molly have to leave the next day.
We decided to go to San Diego to visit our other sorority sister Katie Sullivan. She had just gotten married in August (about 6 months ago), and had moved to San Diego years ago after school. But before we went to see Katie, we were going to go to lunch at a restaurant called George's on the San Diego waterfront.
We piled into Jenni's KIA and headed down to SanDiego. We laughed the whole way down and talked about the adventures of LA that we had from the night before.
When we finally reached George's, we got a great corner table with a fantastic view of the waterfront. Unfortunately, rain started drizzling down so we had to move to a different spot, but it was still a great view.
The food at George's was great and reasonably priced. I had shrimp tacos served along side a garden salad with a strawberry kiwi martini as my beverage. Everything on the menu was in the $10-15 price range, but came with complimentary chips and salsa and generous portions.
After our lunch we did some brief shopping at the Roxy store and Victoria Secret shop and then headed down to the waterfront for a photo opportunity. The rain had actually created a beautiful rainbow that arched over us, and Maureen commented, "There was a rainbow on my wedding day," which we teased her that we had heard it actually meant bad luck. She was married in April of '09, but the rest of us our still single, so married jokes targeted at Maureen were a fun pastime of the trip. I had been traveling SE asia and all of my clothes smelled of moth balls and Thailand, so I was getting comments right back on that subject.

We all managed to meet up for a photo in front of the sunset in San Diego. It was perfect timing and the photos all turned out beautiful, even though I almost fell down the cliff in my heels in my attempt to snap one of the photos.
After our extensive photo shoot, we all piled back into the KIA and headed to Katie's. I was so excited to see Katie and meet her new husband Dennis, whom she had met in Las Vegas about 4 or 5 years ago. Her house was adorable and had great views of the water. It was great to see Katie, and she looked so happy making us food and drinks and enjoying her newlywed status.
We had a few margaritas and glasses of white wine at Katie's and then headed down the street for a tour of the local dive bars. We had lemon drop shots and shared a pitcher of beer as we talked and caught up on our old gossip.
It was great to see all the girls, and even though it has been ages since I have seen them and lots of things have changed, it all still felt the same!

1 comment:

  1. Love ya Teggers! Just read the whole blog from beginning to end, I love it!

    ReplyDelete